Wednesday 13 May 2009

May 13th 2009


The garden is growing!!! And changing!! We had apple blossom on the apple tree and hopefully we will get an apple or two this year. :) But the blossom was so lovely!


At the moment our Mexican Orange bush is blooming like mad. And is quite heady when we sit next to it enjoying a glass of wine after our work in the garden.


Our Rhododendron is blooming and is gorgeous this year.


The potato barrel is producing the next crop of potatoes. :)

And next to it we have a mini potato grow sack, some rhubarb, the plum tree and the currant bushes and in front is tomatoes!!! :) They were started back in February and are doing really well.


I have put out 9 tomato plants in grow bags so far. I have a few more plants in the mini green house which I think may go into pots. Although I do have another grow bag. Just need to find a place to put it.


We thought we had loads of red currants last year. Well I think this year is going to be our best yet!!!!

I may regret this if the weather turns cold, but I have courgettes(zucchini) in the raised bed already. :) And some patty pan and a few varieties of courgettes. Yellow, globe and Lebanese.
I am doing the square foot plan on this bed. I have some lettuce, beans, radishes and a few other things planted in with the squashes. :)

I also have my sweet corn planted in a trough. The wind lately has been beating it about, so I may loose two of them. But I have some others in reserve. I have been doing alot of succession planting this year.

We have the cut and come again lettuces that we are enjoying now!! We have had probably 5 or so salads already. from just these two troughs. :) I have more little ones on their way too.

And here you can see I am well on my way to the next lot of seedlings.


As long as the weather holds out and we do eventually get some rain we are going to have a good year I hope.
Brian's flowers are growing well and my next post hopefully you will see some of his beauties. :)

No comments: