Okay the poly tunnel bits are up on the new beds. Brian and I went to the garden centre today. We bought some new plants, seeds and bulbs along with more compost to finish up the beds. And some of the plastic sheeting to cover the beds up.
We did struggle just a bit until we figured out what we were doing with the poles and had to take the 2nd tier apart, but we got there in the end. And none too soon.... As we were finishing up and I was starting to put the plants in the beds. It started pouring down here!!!!
But I didn't let that stop me. I did manage to get some radicio, broadbeans and spinach planted and some more seeds of winter spinach, radish, carrots and lettuce. And I am now almost dry.
I have also planted a few new herbs. Parsley, both the curly and flat in either corner of the bed and some spearmint out in the herb garden.
Then after it stopped raining I poked some onion sets into the big bed and planted one tiny row of carrots. They won't be covered up just yet. So everything seems to be going well so far!!! And I am ahead on some seeds for next spring!!