Sunday 23 March 2008

March 23rd, 2008

Well spring has sprung here and a few weeks back we did a bit of gardening..... The tidying up sort and the covering the veg beds with netting....Not to keep the birds out mind you, but the cats!!!!!! The boys think it is great fun to dig around in my veg beds. It seems to be working as they are staying out of them. YEAH!!!!


The flat leaf parsley and the curly parsley are both doing well...

And it seems I have a few imposters in my onion bed..... I was told he had all the bulbs out of the compost...


The spinach and Chard are both doing really well and we have enjoyed them both in a few dishes already this year.


The Tomato plants are now growing well and have been transplanted to their own little pots, as have the pepper plants. The peppers are still in the heated propagator. Some black kale has been sewn into the beds with the onions and the pea/bean bed has been put together and planted out with peas. I must go see if they are sprouting yet. But the weather has turned rather cold and damp these past few days. I may have to start some inside and then plant out. Some lettuces have also been started, but seem to be suffereing from dampening off. I may end up having to have another go at the lettuce.

The Rhubarb is sprouting up too!!!!

Cheeky having a well earned rest on the old garden bench.

Now for Brian's side of the Garden.....

Some of his starter plants......

He is in charge of the flowers..... And I think he has done an excellent job again this year...

With lots of Daffodils.. Of all shapes, sizes and colours.....

Some lovely hyacinths....


The little fishing Gnome even has his own little bouquet of crocus


A few winter pansies stuck in with the daffs...

Primulas and croscus dotted here and there....


And some tulips now starting to open up....






My corkscrew hazel nut (cob nut) tree is full of catkins!!!

I think it has passed the cat inspection for a really lovely garden.

No comments: